Time required: Less than a minute
- Find the person you love.
- Say his or her name.
- Say je t'aime:
- j in je is pronounced [zh] like the g in mirage
- e is pronounced like the oo in good
- t'aime is pronounced [tem] to rhyme with them.
- Optional: Follow with "my darling":
- Optional: To respond to someone who says "I love you," say Moi aussi, je t'aime (I love you too).
- moi is pronounced "mwa."
- aussi is pronounced "oh see."
- You can listen to sound files of these terms on my page of French love language
What you need
- A few minutes of practice
- A romantic location
- Your beloved
- (optional) candles, flowers, bonbons, soft music, an engagement ring...
Expressions with "love"
The English word "love" is found in many different expressions - learn how to translate them into French.
Is French the most romantic language?
Vote in our poll. How do you say "to fall in love" in French?
Hint: it's not "tomber en amour."