French Verb Conjugator
Free tool to conjugate all your French verbs
By Laura K. Lawless, french.about.com
- Type the French infinitive without accents and with no reflexive pronoun:
finir, etre, or moquer, not fini, être, or se moquer.
If you get sent to my
verb conjugation index, you've either misspelled the verb or tried
to find one that's not included.*
- If you don't know the infinitive, try my
French verb deconjugator.
- After you type or choose a verb, be sure to to click the "Conjugate" button, rather than pressing the enter key.
- The French verb conjugator includes only simple tenses, not
compound tenses. But it does include
each verb's auxiliary and past participle, which are all you need to
conjugate compound tenses.
- If you like cool French verb tools, check out
*I welcome your comments and suggestions.
Introduction to verb conjugation
More French verbs
Improve your French verb conjugations
Conjugating French verbs in a workbook or letter is one thing, but remembering individual verb conjugations when you're speaking is another matter entirely. Here are some tips to help you get better at conjugating French verbs.
|Spanish verb conjugator
Spanish verb deconjugator
The free, twice-weekly About French newsletter keeps you informed about changes to this site, including new lessons, articles, and forum discussions. Subscribe today!