Create a photo album (album de photos) or family tree (arbre généalogique)
Photo Album Guidelines
- Ask students to purchase a small photo album or notebook (such as 3x5") or staple blank paper together to make a booklet
- On each page, provide a photo of a family member, pet, or friend, and write a few sentences, such as
Voici mon père. Il s'appelle Richard. Il a 50 ans. Il est ingénieur.
(This is my father. His name is Richard. He's 50 years old. He's an engineer.)
- Students could also invent family / friends using magazine photos
- Put students in pairs or groups to share their photo albums and ask questions about their respective families
Family Tree Guidelines
- Create a blank family tree and pass out a copy to students, or allow them to create their own - (Powerpoint templates)
- Paste a small picture of each family member and write name and relationship to self
- Students could also invent family using magazine photos
- Put students in pairs or groups to share their family trees and ask questions about their respective families
Making a photo album or family tree is a great way to practice certain types of basic vocabulary and grammar:
* Possessive adjectives
This French project idea was shared on the Profs de français forum, where virtual colleagues discuss everything from making lessons interesting to dealing with problem students. Visit the forum to trade ideas and tips with your virtual colleagues.