Create a French village.
- Draw and/or cut out pictures to create a well-spaced village with at least 8 shops/businesses.
- Label the shops in French.
- Add drawings and/or cut-outs of at least 5 items which can be found in each shop. Label them.
- Give the village a French name.
- Vote on the best ones and display in the classroom or a French-themed bulletin board.
- Individual students or pairs
- Level: beginning to low-intermediate
- Size: eight to twelve shops with five to ten items each
- Effort: The instructions above are very basic. For more detail, consider some additional work:
- Label the streets
- Give the shops French names (e.g., chez Pierre, Boulangerie DeGueldre)
- Rather than a list of items, draw sale posters (e.g., Pommes - 2 Euros le kilo) or menus
The basic premise of this project was shared on the Profs de français forum. Join your virtual colleagues for more great ideas.