In the run-up to Christmas, it can be especially difficult to keep students interested. Instead of fighting it, why not incorporate Christmas into the classroom? One fun and easy way to do this is to write a letter to Santa.
Write a letter to Santa, either individually or as a class.
- Greeting and introduction
- Thank Santa for last year's present
- Ask for what you want this Christmas
- Explain good things you've done this year
- Apologize for bad things you've done this year
- Close the letter
Stuck for ideas? Take a look at my sample letter.
- French Christmas vocabulary
- More Christmas links
- Expressing gratitude
- Vocabulary for special occasions
- Letter writing links
To receive a response from Santa himself, send your individual or class letter to his official mailing address:
North Pole H0H 0H0
Of course, you don't have to be in a French class to write a letter to Santa - anyone can do it, in any language.