1. Education

Laura K. Lawless

French essentials: Top 10 French Verbs

By August 29, 2012

Of the thousands of French verbs, there are a few that get used far more than the rest, so you need to make sure that you know what they mean and how to use and conjugate them. Here are lessons and conjugations for the 10 most common French verbs: Ítre, avoir, faire, dire, aller, voir, savoir, pouvoir, falloir, and vouloir, plus a conjugation test.
More: French verbs

Comments

May 23, 2007 at 12:02 am
(1) Peter Trieu says:

I would simply like to say I am very grateful to the editors and creators of this site.

It has been an absolute boon to my mastering the French language, and I can say without a doubt it was influential in my learning. Thank you.

March 15, 2009 at 6:05 pm
(2) Danny M says:

This has helped me immeasurably in my GCSEs. Thanks to all authours involved.

March 16, 2009 at 1:21 am
(3) LKL says:

You are both very welcome, from the sole writer of these lessons. :-)

Bonne continuation !

Laura K. Lawless
Learn French at About

July 27, 2009 at 6:09 pm
(4) conor says:

I’d also like to add my thanks. These lessons are very clear and are a great resource. They have helped me return to studying french after a gap of several years.

September 7, 2009 at 7:04 pm
(5) Jenny Aitken says:

Thanks Laura, I love to open my emails in the morning to my daily French Lesson. I am finally learning my verbs after years of relying on a dictionary! I love doing the tests also although the results can be a bit discouraging at times!
Thanks from Australia
Jenny

December 10, 2009 at 10:43 pm
(6) Nicolas says:

Hi Laura, I would love to give many thanks for your great help in the mastering of French of many French-language lovers all around the world, including myself. I find this site so convenient and useful.

February 14, 2010 at 2:36 pm
(7) mark says:

i would also thank u very much as yr lessons and explanations has truly helped me integrate here in france and my french girlfriend is happy with me as im finally able to learn on my own now !! so many many thanks

December 15, 2010 at 3:02 pm
(8) dms says:

Thank you very much for providing the resources I need to master french. As an online source, one so thoroughly configured and developed, allows me to configure my own lessons and reviews based on my current needs, and I am constantly learning!

March 20, 2011 at 2:26 am
(9) moon says:

Hi Laura, I would like to add my thanks as well. I’m so glad I found these lessons. Merci beaucoup!

March 20, 2011 at 7:16 am
(10) Gunita says:

Laura, thanks for your continuous effort in creating and maintaining this amazing resource! I recommend that everyone uses it in their studies of French!

Thanks again!

August 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm
(11) Jorge says:

I’ve reached a level of near french mastery I never thought possible. What was once a language I never thought I could learn has become as natural as speaking English, with a great big thanks to you!

August 30, 2012 at 1:26 am